Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our Christmas Card!!!!


Holy Cow! It’s Christmas again. I can’t believe it. I suppose that’s a sign we’re getting old. What a great year though. Looking back it’s been a busy one. I think it’s mostly because we’re still trying to get used to the fact that we have four kids!!! Yep, four. Consequently life is one big whirling blur that mostly involves cleaning up after and hauling around, kids. Pretty sweet kids, but come on, there are four of them. I know I said that last year but I’m still in shock. Anyway, here’s the rundown:

Heather has changed her name to Couponia, Master of all dominions pertaining to coupons. This girl has a binder, yeah a binder, fully organized and packing away her spoils like a squirrel stocking up for the winter. With the money we’ve saved we’ll be buying her a storage unit to keep all this stuff. Adding this to her already shrewd haggling and bargain finding skills, this final cog completes the package and has allowed us to trace her lineage back to the tribe of Judah. She took a girls trip to Vegas (I can’t legally say more about that), enjoyed spending time with friends and family who came to visit, and single handedly planned and executed our obligatory once in a lifetime (hopefully) trip to Disney World with the precision of an Army General.

I’ve gone country. Still won’t listen to the music, but: Bought a tractor, built the Taj Mahal of chicken coups, filled it with chickens, still can’t say y’all with a straight face but am working on it. I’ve been enjoying learning more about my profession and took 3 times the necessary continuing education for licensure (what a nerd, right?) Totally enjoyed having my brother and his wife come out to visit. Have been working with the youth at church and really enjoying it.

Jake: Still crazy about soccer. Moving into the parental embarrassment phase (which I’m way good at). Is blazing through cub scouts. There’s something about a gifted and talented program (but Ma & me don’t git that fancy lernin’ stuff).

Lily: Sings in the car and is very picky about what teeny-bopper music is playing (scary). She’s enjoying 1st grade and is known by the entire elementary school by name for her shenanigins, yeah I said it, and her big hugs. She played soccer this year too and loved it.

Lief: Still the family wise guy; hasn’t called Heather mom all year and thinks it’s hilarious (Dad is Heather’s most common name). Went through a very painful (for me) cross-dressing princess phase thanks to older girl cousins, but has not donned a dress for a couple of months (phew!) Started pre-school at a Presbyterian church and comes home singing some sweet Bible thumping songs.

Luke is a walking Tornado! This kid can destroy it faster than you can clean it up or put it back together. He knows just what he’s supposed to stay out of (which is all he’s interested in) and spends his entire day moving from one restricted area to another, leaving a wake of destruction and exhausted parents in his path.

Here’s hoping you’ve had a great year and that next year will be even better!

Love,

Mike, Heather, Jacob, Lily, Leif, Luke and Lance (oh, not Lance, I was on an L theme and couldn’t stop)

No comments: